Content warning: The news articles below may be difficult to read.
In the past few days, owners of breweries with locations in Fishtown — Tired Hands Brewing Company and Evil Genius Beer Co. — have received allegations of workplace abuse, racism, sexism and sexual assault, The Philadelphia Inquirer and Forbes reported.
In light of this, we’ve compiled a list of local mental health resources if you or someone you know may need help right now. If there’s anything else The Hook can share to help, please email [email protected].
Fishtown Wellness Center
The Fishtown Wellness Center, located at📍430 Belgrade St, 1st floor, Philadelphia, PA 19125, offers the following services:
- Virtual and in-person individual and group therapy
- Addiction and recovery services
- And more specialized care
Healthy Minds Philly
Healthy Minds is an online mental health resource tool. It offers the following:
National Alliance on Mental Illness - Philadelphia
NAMI Philadelphia is a mental health organization that offers virtual support groups.
- Connect with NAMI Philadelphia on Facebook.
Women Organized Against Rape - Philadelphia
WOAR is an anti-sexual violence group that offers:
- A 24-hour hotline: 215-985-3333
- Individual and group therapy sessions
- Resources for survivors of sexual assault
WOAR also offers a Safe Bars Philly program, which trains bars to respond and reduce the risk of sexual harassment and assault.
You can sign up to become a safe bar here, or you can see a list of WOAR’s certified safe bars here.
☎️ For immediate assistance, contact the following crisis hotlines:
- Philadelphia Suicide Crisis & Intervention Hotline: 215-686-4420
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Red Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio: 1-888-628-9454
- Crisis Text Line: Text “PA” to 741-741